This page is a sub-page of our page on First Class Mathematics.
Related KMR pages:
• Expandable Learning Objects
• Interactive Learning Objects
• Social Algebra
• The Human Category
Other relevant sources of information:
• The Teaching Gap : Best Ideas from the World’s Teachers for Improving Education in the Classroom, by James W Stigler and James Hiebert, 2009.
• Make Your Daughter Practice Math. She’ll Thank You Later. by Barbara Oakley.
• Learning How To Learn by Barbara Barbara Oakley and Terrence Sejnowski.
• Dear New York Times – Do better
• Children’s Mathematics – Cognitively Guided Instruction
• Fluencey without conceptual understanding by Doug Belshaw.
• What does fluency without conceptual understanding look like by Dan Meyer
Math Rehab: Changing one’s attitude to mathematics:
Memorizing or understanding – two strategies for studying mathematics:
Math Makers and Math Fakers: